A real estate transaction is one of the largest and potentially most complicated transactions many people make in their lives. It deserves to be handled by a true dedicated professional. But unfortunately, not all Realtors are created equal.
As a client, you have a right to know with whom you’re working. A professional Realtor should be up front about all of their credentials and experience, and should answer any of your questions with alacrity.
When researching a Realtor or real estate professional in the greater Nashville area, there are several questions you should ask about them.
- Are you a professional Realtor? What are your professional credentials?
- How long have you worked in the real estate business?
- How long have you worked in the Nashville real area?
- What makes you a good Realtor? How will you serve me better than other Nashville area professionals?
- How many homes have you sold in the greater Nashville area? In your entire career? What your total volume of closed sales?
Once you’ve found a Realtor whom you trust, you should ask them the following questions:
- How are your commissions and fees structured? How do you deal with the involvement of a buyer’s representative?
- Will you handle all of my business personally, or will I also be working with an assistant or team member during some portions of my real estate transaction? What are the names and phone numbers/email addresses of those assistants or team members?
- When I have a question or need an update, can I contact you directly?
- How often do you plan to contact me with updates?
- Do you have a formal marketing plan? How is it different from the marketing plans of your competitors? Will you commit to this marketing plan in writing?
- How do you develop pricing strategies and marketing tactics? What are your negotiation strategies, and how will they help me get the price I want?
- Do I have to pay extra for advertising? Do you have different levels of advertising packages?
- Can you refer me to reputable Nashville area professionals like mortgage brokers, insurance agents, bank officers, home inspectors, real estate appraisers, real estate lawyers, and contractors? For how long have you maintained a working relationship with these professionals?
- Have you had any client complaints in the last 24 months? If so, what were they and how did you address them?
- Do you guarantee your performance? If I am dissatisfied with your performance on my behalf, how do I terminate our agreement?
Remember, your Realtor works for you. If the Nashville area Realtor you have chosen cannot – or will not – answer any and all of the above questions, you may be better off choosing another Realtor. Here at HummerHomes, we are dedicated to not only great results, but also professional, ethical conduct. We will never hesitate to answer any question you have for us. As for our performance--we guarantee it!
Your REALTOR® Works for YOU!
Many homebuyers conclude their purchase transaction with the feeling that they were working for their Realtor, not the other way around. Many times, they’ll even say that their Realtor was a poor boss!
We of the HummerHomes Team never forget that we work for you. As Realtors, we are obligated to follow your instruction, unless those instructions constitute a violation of state, local, or federal law. The best Realtors share with their clients all available information about current market trends and historical trends in order to help their clients make informed and beneficial decisions. We are here to educate and guide you, not to order you around! For more information about the legal and ethical obligations of Realtors, please read the Realtor Code of Ethics.